Friday, May 15, 2009

GENERAL "HOUSEKEEPING"

Friday again, whew. Why am I exhausted always on Fridays? Today I spent the afternoon (after working all morning and spending 3 hours on the phone with the Help people because I got a virus on my computer at work--a nasty little leach but all's well) doing a little spring cleaning--washing windows, washing and ironing curtains, cleaning out a closet, etc. Maybe that's it.

So I figured I would do some blog "housekeeping" as well. No topics, just a bunch of things that the "morning breezes" filled my brain with at 1 a.m. this morning when I couldn't sleep.

First, I have to tell you I read the most interesting book, ERNIE http://www.amazon.com/Ernie-Autobiography-Ernest-Borgnine/dp/0806529415/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242432562&sr=8-4 I had never read anything about Ernest Borgnine (why would I?) but as I read this book (that someone at work told me about), I was amazed at how many movies or tv shows over the years that I've watched that he was in. It was astounding. And now he's doing a voice on Sponge Bob Squarepants.

Anyway, if you are looking for a good read, you will enjoy this. I was very pleasantly surprised and even went out to find a website or someplace where I could send him a note. Technology is marvelous that way. That's how I stumbled onto JA's and Louise's blogs. I read their books and wanted to send them a note saying how much I enjoyed them and found their emails quite easily and was able to correspond with them. We're all just people, right? Not so with Ernie. Guess after 70 years of being a celebrity, he lives up in the unapproachable clouds somewhere. Didn't seem that way in his book, he sounded very approachable. Hey, Ernie, if you stumble across MY blog, send me a note, I'd like to chat.

Second, did you watch the Lost finale? I was shocked by the amount of blood on all these people. Jack, Sawyer, and Juliet were just covered. A little over the top IMO.

Third, seems Gulliver got bit by a brown recluse and let it go for three weeks and it turned into a nasty staph infection (all the way down to the bone according to the Professor). He finally was in so much pain, an ambulance was summoned, and he had emergency surgery the other night (I am surprised they didn't amputate the leg) to clean out the infection. He had a second "cleansing surgery" this morning and seems to be doing OK.

Gulliver is currently annoyed at and not talking to me. He asked my opinion on some plans he had made and I gave him a negative report. It is something he's done twice in the past with negative results. What does Papa say to me all the time "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." So on that note, we'll go on to

Fourth, Aunt Cracker and I seem to be on the same wavelength alot of time and thinking about each other at the same time. I guess that is normal for old friends.

She is on vacation right now in Florida and due back the middle of next week. I wish she would hurry and get home. She and The Weatherman are on a much needed vacation, they both work pretty hard BUT I feel all out of sorts when she is out of town. Yes, I know I can call her any time but she's on vacation and I won't.

It's just when she is "gone" I always feel nervous, like I'm on a tightrope. That's how I feel most of the time anyway but she's here in case I fall. I know I can call any of my other Elders at any time, but they're not quite Cracker. I've only had to call her one time when I fell but you never know when another trip, stumble, or plunge might happen. So Cracker hurry up and come home.

So I was thinking about this feeling all nervous aboout it all very early this morning and when the alarm FINALLY went off, I noticed I had a message on my cell phone. A text message from Cracker. She was at a dive bar and wished we were there. Not sure what a dive bar is....she is in Florida, so a dive bar as in scuba divers? Or a bar that is a real dive (as in MO slang)? I'll have to get a report when she returns. Anyway, guess we were both thinking of the other in the early morning hours.

Ok between cleaning windows and thinking deep thoughts, I'm pretty whipped for the day.

Waiting patiently for Ernie's email........Grammy

No comments: